Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong



Title: The Reckoning

Author: Kelley Armstrong

Release Date: April 6, 2010

Publisher: Orbit

Pages: 391

Finished Reading: September 5, 2010

Source: I got my copy from the library.

Synopsis (via Goodreads): Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.

In a Sentence: When you’re a genetically altered teenager who can raise the dead, you have to be careful who you trust.

Overall Rating: 5

Plot Rating: 5

Character Rating: 5

Writing Rating: 5

Review: Excellent third book in the series. I loved the way that the story played out. It was extremely believable. Her characters are so vivid and real that you can easily get lost on their adventures.

The story picks up right where the last one left off. The twists in the story in regard to who the group should trust were unexpected as was the reality of the situation as to who and what the Edison Group really was.

Chloe’s decision in the end was not something that I expected her to do, but she’s such a strong female character that I really should have expected it or something like it.

Cover: The cover is relevant to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment