Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen (YA DEBUT of the MONTH: September)

Book: The Mephisto Covenant, The Redemption of Ajax
Author: Trinity Faegen
Publishing Date: September 27, 2011
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Pages: 448
Recommended: Ages 14 Up
Source: ARC From author to feature for YA Debut of Month

Summary:
Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—Sasha is Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat.

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha.
With the threat of Eryx looming, Jax has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life? (Via Goodreads)

Review:
With amounts of action and romance that'll get you off your feet, The Mephisto Covenant is a book you CANNOT miss! This novel is spectacular with twists, and incredible characters.
When Elise first sent me the novel to review and feature as the YA Debut Book of the Month, I was utterly hyped up to get the chance to read and review it. The second that book started, it had me enthralled! I can tell you for sure that all of my hype for the book certainly did not go to waste. It had all kinds of characters, some you hated with a passion, others you thought were perfection, and last but not least, the people who you cried for. Okay, yeah I cry very easily, so when something bad happens in a book, non the less a movie, I start crying. The Mephisto Covenant had writing that is worth way more than paying those dollars to buy yourself a copy tomorrow, scratch that, today. Trinity Faegen brought life to these characters, this universe where the concept of Mephistos and Anabos is mind-catching. I truly did love the main concept of the book; to be a lover from such different worlds. Sasha, an Anabo, daughter of Eve and Jax, the son of hell! Sasha must accept Jax for who he is and love him enough to stay with him forever so God will be able to here his Mephisto soul. There was only a small downfall to the whole book; Sasha's indecisiveness. At some parts I almost wanted to yell, "Just stick with a decision, women!" That really didn't take much away from the book though, it was kind of refreshing from main characters who say they love a guy the second they lay eyes on them...not that I'm saying True love at first sight is not possible...in fact that's something every girl like me dreams about....awkward....*cough*...Um yeah...back to the awesomeness of the book. The Mephisto Covenant is buy me right now and read til the end kinda book that MUST be read! The story is something that you will never be able to forget and will want more of. I CANNOT wait for the next in this series! Notice the extensive use of capital letters, must mean the book is really incredible!


Cover Thoughts:
The girl on the cover with the gorgeous dress is probably Sasha! I love the way black creates a dazzling cover color for the book and the color itself fits the story so well. The font it utterly magnificent, you can stare at the cover for a day after finishing reading the book itself. The cover is artistically beautiful!


Rating:
5/5 Stars for an awesome Paranormal Romance read!










TBR book: Goodreads: The Mephisto Covenant


-ROSHINI

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your view of this book. I have been watching it for a while and love reading opinions and am glad you enjoyed it. I have to admit that it was the cover that attracted me and the storyline is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! I'm so extremely excited after reading that review. Sounds like an epic page turner :) Plus, the cover is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with the cover of this book, and now I'm in love with the book thanks to your awesome review! Thanks so much for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic review. I look forward to reading this one :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the review.I got The Mephisto Covenant as a netgalley and I can't wait to read it! Like the cover,too:)

    ReplyDelete