Friday, March 25, 2011

A Little Bit About Me & New Book Reviewers

Hello,

My name is Elise. I was born and raised in sunny California (well almost always sunny). I started this book review blog, Bookish Delights, back in May 2010 and can't believe my blogoversary is almost coming up! The time flew by so fast, but I've had such a great time blogging and visiting other book blogs and making new friends! The whole book blogging world was new to me until the beginning of last summer, when I happened to stumble upon some book blogs by chance because I was looking up book reviews online. I am glad I did because it inspired me to create my own book review blog and have book giveaways of my own.

Ever since I was little, I have always loved to read. But if you asked where my love for reading stemmed from, I wouldn't be able to tell you. My parents never read me bedtime stories when I was little and none of my family members or friends liked to read (which is why I'm so glad I can share my love for reading with you all!). I just loved the way that books transported me to another place, another world that was so much cooler than my own. I remember when I was really young, my family would drive thru this local fast food place (the name eludes me) and I would get the kids meal. The kids meal prize was surprisingly a children's book, which I thought was the greatest thing. I ended up collecting every book. So while all of my siblings opted for the toys being given away with the happy meals at McDonalds, I opted for the other place.

I wouldn't be able to name my favorite books, since I can't choose a top five, but I love to read a wide range of genres, such as historical fiction, paranormal romance, fantasy/urban fantasy, contemporary fiction, and realistic fiction. I read primarily YA books, but I read Adult Fiction from time to time. Surprisingly, I am probably one of the few people on Earth who has not yet read the Harry Potter Series, Twilight, or The Mortal Instuments Series!!! But I will make an effort to read The Mortal Instuments Series sometime this year. I've heard it's amazing. Despite loving to read, I am actually more of an ourdoorsy kind of person. I also love listening to alternative/rock music and eating anything chocolate. Yum!

Here are a few quick bookish preferences of mine:

Book vs. Movie Adaptation? Book!
Hero vs. Heroine? Heroine!
Fiction vs. Non-Fiction? Fiction!
Standalone book vs. Series? Series - way more fun!
Physical Book vs. e-book? Physical Book!
Established Author vs. Debut Author? Both! Can't choose :-)

Favorite Book To Movie Adaptation? The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy


I have also recently acquired some new book reviewers for Bookish Delights. Over the past few days, they have been introducing themselves though posts, so feel free to check those out if you want to learn more about the reviewers on this blog. The reviewers aside from myself include Brynne, Roshini, Hilary, Emily, Hope, Colleen, and Sarah. We will be reviewing primarily YA books, but will also review Adult Fiction every once in a while. There will be lots of upcoming reviews, so be sure to drop by the blog again. Thanks for visiting!!!

-Elise
I also have a goodreads account: Elise (Bookish Delights)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elise!
    I just wanted say thanks for checking out my introduction post and actually taking the time to watch the movie! Most people wouldn't actually do that especially with the bad translations on the video!
    It really means something to me when people go out of their comfort zone to appreciate all things Indian!
    Thanks so much!

    P.S. It was a great idea to post something extra about yourself as well!!!

    ReplyDelete