Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reveiw: Where She Went by Gayle Forman













Title: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Release Date: April 5th 2011
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 264
Source: Bought

Summary (from Goodreads)

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future–and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

Review: I absolutely loved this book! I liked that it was told from Adam's point of view. Well, most of the time. Sometimes it got extremely irritating and I wish it could be told from both Mia's and Adam's view. I didn't really like the way Adam acted I guess, in the novel. I thought he kind of sounded desprate for Mia and to find true love and all that. Which I really didn't like. But then when he met Mia again, the book really started to finally come together. I really thought that she wouldn't want to see Adam and that alot would really just drop off at that point. But surprisingly it didn't. The end of the book left me wanting more. I didn't feel like the plot did anything spectacular as for being unpredictable and all. And after two books I came to love the characters. I hope there is going to be a third book but I'm thinking there won't be. Gayle Forman really wrote an amazing book here. If you loved If I Stay then you'll love Where She Went even more.

Rating:


Cover Thoughts: I feel like the cover could have been better. The Mia on the cover doesn't look the same as the one I pictured in my head.

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment