Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Guest Post: Author Lori Pescatore's First Book Signing of Human Blend

Today I welcome Lori Pescatore, Author of Human Blend, to share her first book signing experience with us as well as showing us pictures of the event!

Book Signing December 14th 2010


Doylestown, PA

Self Published Author: Lori Pescatore

Book: Human Blend




I had worked hard for this day. I promoted and sold myself and my book. The day of my first book signing for my first self published novel had arrived. I still went to work that morning; it was a normal day of teaching. My coworkers would stop me in the hallway asking me if I was excited. I was, of course, but calm at the same time. I thought I would be more anxious, but everything just felt right. My only concern was the weather. It was the coldest night of the season so far. To make matters worse, when we left for the signing it was snowing.



It was cold and a dusting of snow had settled on the ground when the time for the signing arrived. First on the scene was my dear friend Joyce. It picked up from there. My table was adorned with copies of my book and flowers sent there my friend Annie. Holiday wrapped candy kisses provided by friend Shari.



I saw many of my friends who came out to support me and was pleased with the number of people that I did not know that came out to check out the book. I sold 27 books and according to the bookstore, that was a decent number for any book signing.



The night was everything I hoped for and more. My husband and my youngest son where there to film and photograph the event. It was a wonderful experience for me. One I look forward to duplicating for the 2nd book in the series.



To all the readers out there, if you have an opportunity to attend a book signing, please do. It is a wonderful event that will put you in touch with other like minded readers and Authors.


********************************
Thank you Lori for sharing your first book signing experience with Bookish Delights! I'm glad it went well! The pictures are wonderful.
I hope to attend an author book signing some day.

My interview with Author Lori Pescatore & Book Giveaway will be up soon as well as my Review of Human Blend!

Hope you all have a Happy New Year!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elise & Lori :)
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful post & pictures. It is a wonderful way to start 2011, celebrating the success of a dream realized.
    Happy New Year!
    RKCharron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! Looking forward to reading Human Blend.
    Rebecca
    rbooth43(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete